Top techniques for pre-packing fragile items
Get Free Moving Quote Now
When it comes down to it, moving is the act of removing everything you possess from your home and transporting it to a new location, where it will remain until you have to do it again. Damaged or broken things during the moving process are not only inconvenient, but they also negate the objective of relocating. Why not just toss such items in the trash or give them away instead of wasting time putting them in boxes and transporting them from one location to another? Unless you’re the kind who loves replacing all the things they possess, when moving into a new home, you’ll want to make sure that your items arrive in good condition. The best guarantee that it will be so is to hire Eagle Van Lines Moving & Storage because they will take care of your things. Before that, you will need some tricks for pre-packing fragile items.
Prepare for pre-packing fragile items
Packing your antiques and fragile objects is an art form. The last thing you want to do is damage your priceless antiques during a transfer after they’ve endured the test of time. So, before you start packing your belongings into boxes, have a look at our packing recommendations below. Packing your clothing and soft furnishings you can do quickly. However, packing your crystal wear should not finish so quickly. There’s a lot more to packing up your antiques and delicate objects than you would think. Don’t put it off until the last few days before your residential movers New York arrive. Give yourself plenty of time to complete the task. That way you will make the relocation easier for yourself, but more efficient for your movers.
Take photos as a part of the pre-packing process
Give any valuable and fragile items a thorough cleaning and take comprehensive pictures of their condition before packing them up. Not only are the images useful for house insurance purposes, but they may also assist you in determining whether any new scratches, chips, or nicks have appeared as a result of the transfer. With movers NYC to NJ, you won’t have to worry. However, it doesn’t hurt to be extra cautious.
Start pre-packing fragile items by collecting necessary supplies
One disastrous error is underestimating the time and effort needed to package these breakable products. While packing fragile objects may not be the most time-consuming task on your to-do list, it is undoubtedly one of the most meticulous tasks. To pack your breakables, you will need:
- Small moving boxes. To minimize overpacking, we highly advise small moving boxes for fragile objects. These boxes may easily be stacked on top of bigger boxes due to their lightweight.
- Butchers paper. Newspapers are inexpensive and have an undeniable size advantage, but we highly advise against using your daily broadsheet to pack your belongings. The newspaper’s printed ink may bleed and spread to your stuff, and it may never wipe off. You should use butcher’s paper for wrapping, but newspapers for added cushioning.
- Tissue paper. The texture of tissue paper gives added protection to your fragile items while packaging them. This material is not to be confused with conventional tissue paper. It is specifically designed for moving and is only available from removal agencies. Items with uneven forms and projecting curves are great candidates for this technique.
- Bubble wrap. It is one of the greatest packaging materials for fragile things. Shock and vibration isolation may be achieved by many layers of this material, making it perfect for long-distance movements and shipping.
- High-quality tape with a tape dispenser. Keep in mind that packing tape will seal the base of your boxes together. So, choosing inferior packing tape might be a hazard. Do not put yourself in a situation where your breakable possessions are at risk.
- Fragile stickers and markers. Visibly place stickers on your boxes, since this will alert commercial movers NY. You may use an ordinary black marker to identify your boxes with their contents.
Use a lot of tapes
Even if you do everything else correctly, you may lose your valuables if the box they’re in busts open during the relocation due to insufficient tape. Amazon’s website offers a lot of options to find the tape that will ensure that your boxes’ seams are sealed and tight. It may take a few extra seconds to open it once you arrive, but the extra effort is well worth it for the added security. Pre-packing fragile items by wrapping them in bubble wrap or towels will save them from damage. It also reduces the amount of vacant space within boxes, which might contribute to more damage.
Prepare fragile items that go on the bottom
Do not stack heavy goods on top of lighter items while packing boxes. This will only crush goods near the bottom by the time you get to your new residence. The grocery shop baggers always place eggs and loaves of bread on top of the supermarket bag for a reason. Boxes with heavy objects on the bottom have a lower center of gravity, making them less prone to tip over during transport.
Even if you are moving a short distance with a reliable local movers New York, pack your boxes carefully. Any vacant space inside your boxes might cause objects to rattle, increasing the risk of products being damaged during the relocation. Filling vacant spaces with packing peanuts, air-filled plastic bags or wadded-up towels ensures more secure transport.
Take your time to pre-pack fragile items
Packing and pre-packing fragile items quickly will always result in mistakes that you will come to regret later. Make sure you have enough time to carefully pack everything. Also, look through your stuff and discard everything you don’t want to take with you. Also, if the prospect of replacing some of your valuables after your relocation appeals to you, you can pack them in any way you like. But, if you’re more concerned with ensuring that everything you pack makes it to your new home in one piece, follow our advice.