How to pack fragile items with ease?
Get Free Moving Quote Now
There are many ways to handle your relocation. Still, handling it with ease is probably the most appealing one. Therefore, let Eagle Van Lines Moving & Storage NJ take care of this process for you. On the other hand, there are many things to go through when preparing for your relocation. One of the most important things is to learn how to be a good time manager. However, if you’re here to find out how to pack fragile items without any hassle, make sure you stay with us.
First of all, to pack like a pro, you need to prepare for your relocation overall. That requires some good preparation and good time management. Therefore, roll up your sleeves and start considering how to prepare for your relocation. The best way to do so is to have in mind professionals who will help you relocate from point A to point B in scheduled time. Long-distance movers NJ are then your people for that job.
On the other hand, you need to plan one of the most important parts of your relocation – the packing itself. In that case, here is how you can prepare without any hassle:
- Create an inventory – You need a complete inventory of all your belongings. Make sure you do it as soon as you start with that process. That’s because inventory gives you a great overview of all your things.
- Get the right moving supplies – From cardboard boxes to label materials, do your best to buy proper items on time. However, there are places online you could look up to find some free packing materials such as boxes, plastic bags, etc.
- Pack one room at a time – This will guarantee efficient packing. The best way to do so is to start with your own bedroom and move on to the other rooms in the house. Moreover, you should pack up your kids’ rooms last.
- Declutter definitely – One of the things that ensures efficiency while packing is decluttering. Therefore, set aside one weekend and thoroughly clean your house. That will help you know how many things you dispose of.
- Organize a garage sale – If you want to earn some money while also saving it, you should organize a garage sale to sell all these unwanted items after decluttering.
- Donate unwanted items – Donations show how humanitarian you are. If you want to help someone out while also helping out yourself, consider donating. It’s truly a win-win situation for everyone.
How to pack fragile items?
As already mentioned, you need to start preparing on time. This not only goes for the packing itself but some delicate parts of your packing process. Therefore, if you want to know how to pack fragile items, start with this:
- Prepare your fragile items for packing – This refers to all your porcelain, china, glasses, and other delicate stuff. They require some time to pack, which is why you should start with them.
- Buy packing supplies in the right size – All your fragile items need to fit in the appropriate boxes. Don’t pack each of them into a box that doesn’t fit.
- Label, label, label – Don’t forget to label the boxes either by using stickers or with a marker. That will help you handle your entire process more easily.
- Contact reliable movers to help you – Should you need anything, moving services NJ are at your service. Don’t do everything on your own, especially if it’s your first time.
Moreover, it’s important to emphasize to your movers which boxes contain fragile items. Hence, they will handle those boxes with extra care and will help you at the same time. Also, should you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask them to clarify since that’s their job.
Can you pack and store fragile items without damaging them?
The answer to that question lies in how you pack your fragile items. Therefore, if you pack them correctly, you will be able to relocate and store them with ease. Furthermore, if you’re relocating abroad, international movers NJ will definitely handle your delicate belongings with extra care.
Since you wonder how to pack your items without damaging them later, here is what you should do with:
- Glasses – Diminish extra space by filling each glass with some paper. Continue by wrapping each glass individually in a protective paper. Place the heaviest items on the bottom, moving the way to the top.
- Porcelain, plates, and china – You should also pack each plate individually. Try using bubble wrap and tape to secure them. Then, place them vertically in boxes that fit them correctly.
- Picture frames or art pieces – This is where you wrap each frame into separate protective paper. Then, place them inside boxes by laying them on top of each other.
- Lamps – These are quite delicate. If you can, disassemble them first and then place them to lie flat in the box. Before you do that, wrap them in protective paper.
Storing fragile items
Finally, you managed to pack your fragile items with ease. Now what’s left is for you to learn how to store the ones you won’t use in a while. Firstly, know that it’s not hard at all to store your fragile items. Still, you need to look for climate-controlled storage units to keep your things from being damaged. Choosing a long-term storage unit is a good idea especially if you’re storing delicate things.
Here is how you can store your delicate belongings:
- Use the right size boxes
- Add extra bubble wrap for protection
- Cover with old linens
- Label everything as fragile
Now that you finally learned how to pack fragile items, it’s time to move on to some other things. Therefore, after you unpack, consider spending some time with your family discovering your new city and enjoying the beauties of it. Also, don’t forget to occasionally check your storage unit to see if your belongings are still intact. However, if you followed our advice, everything will be alright.